The Audit Committee provides assurance to the Board. It is responsible for:
- Overseeing the probity and internal financial control of the Trust, working closely with external and internal auditors.
- Reviewing governance
- Risk management and assurance
- Approving the external audit plan, the internal audit plan and accounting policies
- Reviewing draft annual accounts before they are submitted to the Board.
The Executive Director of Finance and appropriate internal and external audit representatives normally attend meetings. Other Executive Directors are invited to attend when the Committee is discussing areas of risk or operation that are their responsibility. The Chief Executive is invited to attend at least annually to discuss with the committee the process for assurance that supports the Statement on Internal Control.
Anybody concerned about a matter of corporate governance or probity can contact any member of the Audit Committee in confidence
- Simon Barter, Non-Executive Director
- Loyola Weeks, Non-Executive Director
- Michelle Maynard, Non-Executive Director