Stay updated with trusted information
Advice for everyone - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please click here to read about the COVID-19 vaccination.
Please check all the latest guidance at: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
There are three simple actions we must all do to keep on protecting each other:
- Wash HANDS - keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover FACE - wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make SPACE - stay at least two metres apart - or one meter with a face covering or other precautions
Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.
There is separate advice about:
Pregnancy - If you're pregnant and worried about coronavirus, you can get advice about coronavirus and pregnancy from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
How to stop infection spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with coronavirus.
- try to stay at least 2 metres (3 steps) away from anyone you do not live with (or anyone not in your support bubble)
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Wash your hands as soon as you get back home
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Help us help you get the treatment you need
- For help from a GP - use an online service or app, or call the surgery.
- For urgent medical help - use the NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you're unable to get help online.
- For life- threatening emergencies - call 999 for an ambulance.
Looking after your health and wellbeing
It is important that you look after yourself while you’re at home. Here are some suggestions on what you can do:
- Stay in touch with family and friends over the phone or on social media
- Try to keep yourself busy – you could try activities like cooking, reading, online learning and watching films
- Do light exercise at home, or outside once a day
For more tips on how to look after your mental and physical wellbeing, take a look at the links below:
- Every Mind Matters: 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Every Mind Matters: How to look after your mental wellbeing while staying at home
- Strength and flex exercises you can do at home
Coronavirus easy read leaflet (general information)
Please click here to read our easy read general information leaflet about coronavirus, including what it is and how to avoid becoming unwell.
Please click here to read the Guidance on protecting people most likely to get very poorly from coronavirus (COVID-19) produced by Public Health England.
There has been a lot of information shared on coronavirus in the news and media, not all of which is accurate. For the most up to date and accurate information you should use the following resources:
NHS website for information on the virus and how to prevent it spreading
Public Health England has the most up to date information on the number of cases, the government’s response and how to protect yourself.
Travel advice has been provided by the Government, be sure to read this if you are planning any trips abroad in the near future.
Follow Public Health England on Twitter for the latest advice, facts and figures as they are announced.
Last updated 26 January 2021