Advice on coping with coronavirus
Advice on coping with coronavirus from HPFT's Perinatal Psychologists
Webinars to help with managing common mental health problems like anxiety, worry, low mood and difficult emotions are now available to view on YouTube.
Dr Shetal Patel (pictured left above) and Dr Ellen Craig (pictured right above) are Perinatal Clinical Psychologists in the Community Perinatal Team at Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT). The team supports Hertfordshire mums to be, new mums and families who are likely to, or are experiencing mental health difficulties during pregnancy and up to baby's first birthday.
Ellen and Shetal have created a series of eight webinars, covering subjects which many would find useful, including advice for managing difficult emotions and tips for surviving lockdown with babies and children.
Ellen Craig said: “Although the webinars have a perinatal slant, the ideas and techniques we cover could be practised by anyone.
“We’ve received some lovely feedback from those who have watched and taken part in our webinars and we hope that other people will find them helpful in these unsettling times.”
Webinars in the series are:
- Managing anxiety around COVID-19 (focus on health and contamination)
- Living a meaningful life during COVID-19
- Managing worry and tolerating uncertainty during COVID-19
- Looking after yourself and others during COVID-19
- Protecting against low mood during lockdown
- Building resilience in your relationships during lockdown
- Managing difficult emotions and building emotional resilience during COVID-19
- Surviving Lockdown with Babies and Children
Managing Anxiety Around Covid 19: Focus on Health and Contamination
Living a Meaningful Life During Covid 19
Managing Worry and Tolerating Uncertainty During Covid 19
Looking After Yourself and Others During Covid 19
Protecting Against Low Mood During Lockdown
Building Resilience in Your Relationships During Covid 19
Managing Difficult Emotions and Building Emotional Resilience During Covid 19
Surviving Lockdown with Babies and Children