Coronavirus – latest information about our services
Our services remain open, but we are changing the way we do things to allow us to respond the current coronavirus outbreak:
- In line with national ‘social distancing’ guidance we are trying to minimise all face-to-face contact with service users, to keep you and our staff safe.
- That means at times you may have a telephone call rather than a visit from the team or attend a clinic. This will be agreed with you directly.
- We ask that you attend our hubs/services ONLY if you have a scheduled appointment.
- For some service users, we may need to change support arrangements we have in place for the next 3 months. This may include postponing clinic appointments. You will have been contacted directly by letter or telephone if this applies to you. Please follow the guidance that has been sent to you.
- Visits to our inpatient services have been restricted. Please contact the unit you wish to visit before making your journey to check the current arrangements.
In the event you urgently need mental health support you should contact services in the following way click here
Thank you for your support and understanding.
For further information, support and guidance about coronavirus please click here
Our website is being updated regularly to keep you informed of any further service changes and available support/guidance.