Sign the Pledge
Positive Action Pledges
Let’s all help to prevent suicide. Take the Positive Action Pledge.
Sometimes people feel too overwhelmed, distressed or embarrassed to ask for help. We can all take positive action by pledging to talk openly about suicide, whether this means asking for help for yourself or for someone you may be worried about, it is always safe to talk about suicide. Together we can all help to remove the stigma.
Take the Personal Positive Action Pledge
Take the personal positive action pledge and tell us what you will do in your community to help remove the stigma associated with mental health and suicide. However big or small, you can make a huge difference.
Examples of pledges could include:
- Listening without judgement
- Contacting mental health support services if needed
- Reaching out and asking for help if I need it
- Asking directly about suicide if I’m worried about someone
- Sharing the Spot the Signs Campaign with 5 people
- Smiling at a stranger
Your pledges will be stored anonymously on our internal database that only staff from this campaign will have access to. Please make sure you keep you pledge anonymous when you leave it. Your pledge may be shared in the future as examples of positive action. If you would not like your pledge shared please state so in the text box. If you change your mind at a later date and would like your pledge removed or not shared, please let us know.
Single Point of Access will direct you to support services. Call 0800 6444 101 8am-7pm, Monday-Friday.
Samaritans provide confidential support for people who are experiencing suicidal thoughts. Call 116 123 24 hours a day, every day.
- Tell us your own Positive Action via twitter or email.
- Tweet: “I pledge to take positive action to talk openly about suicide prevention by (Insert action here) #HPFTSpotTheSigns”
- Follow: @SpotSignSuicide
- Post your pledge on Twitter with a pledge card and encourage your friends, contacts and colleagues to sign the pledge.
- Follow this link to sign up to our newsletter to receive our campaign updates: Sign up to our newsletter
Take the Business Positive Action Pledge
Workplace wellbeing leads to a safer working environment and happier staff. Sign the Business Positive Action Pledge and positively support the wellbeing of your employees.
- Your pledge means that you will promote mental wellbeing in the workplace, have access to our suicide prevention in-house training sessions and resources for signposting to mental health services
- Spot the Signs will work with you to promote your business and our campaign.
For further information about the Business Pledge Package contact email@example.com
Keep in touch
|Spot the Signs acknowledges the work from Grass Roots Suicide Prevention Campaign in Brighton and Hove for sharing this pledge with us. If you live in Brighton, please click here.|
Spot the Signs and Save a Life is a suicide prevention campaign run in partnership with the Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, Mind in Mid Herts and Hertfordshire Mind Network.