My Care Record
03 Sep 18 - 02 Sep 19
My Care Record allows health and care professionals directly involved in your care, access to information about you.
It is currently available for patients from west Essex and Hertfordshire attending health and care settings.
What is My Care Record?
The people caring for you need access to your health and care record in order to make the best decisions about your diagnosis and treatment. This could include GPs, hospital-based clinicians, nurses, health visitors and social workers.
For this to happen more quickly and to improve the care you receive, a process has been put in place using existing computer systems.
This allows your information to be accessed by health and care clinicians and professionals within local health and care organisations that are providing you with care.
This does not share your record, but provides health and care clinicians and professionals access to view information relevant to your care and treatment.
What does this mean for HPFT service users?
- HPFT is to take part in a scheme allowing some of our clinicians to view the GP records of service users
- Service users can opt out through their GP practice.
What are the benefits of using My Care Record?
- better co-ordinated and seamless care
- quicker diagnosis and treatment
- more time to spend on clinical care
- less paperwork and less repetition
- fewer unnecessary clinical tests
- more accurate prescriptions.
When is the My Care Record being introduced?
The first phase of the scheme is due to be launched towards the end of 2018.
How can I find out more?
Printed posters and leaflets will be displayed in participating areas of HPFT in Service User areas.
Or you can find out more by visiting www.mycarerecord.org.uk/FAQs