Making your life better
By clicking on this page you have already taken a step toward improving your life.
When we are feeling stuck and like we are out of options it can be really hard to see any way of changing things for the better or even knowing what better might look like.
There are a lot of things that you can do that will help even though this can feel overwhelming and difficult at times.
We have shared some examples of the sorts of things we have found helpful to think about when making changes to our own lives below and throughout this section of the website.
"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling,
but in rising again after you fall"
Below are some things you can ask yourself to develop some strategies that work for you and your situation. This is all about looking at your own strengths. You can also think about this more in the next section (Tools for Change) where we have given you some information about wellbeing:
- Strengths and Resources/Coping What has helped you get through the tough times? What are your strengths?
- Learning from the Past What have you learned from past experiences?
- Personal Goals Where do you want to head? What is important to you?
- Social Skills How would you describe yourself? What good things do others say about you and what would you like them to say?
- Supportive Relationships Who do you go to in difficult times? Who comes to you for help?
- Skills What are your good points? What things have made you feel proud?
- Recovery Would you like to be the person again you were before these problems? Which bits of yourself would you like to keep or to change?
Click on the buttons below to find out some more information about you can start to make improvements to your own wellbeing.