Art at Kingfisher Court
Art has been proven to have a therapeutic effect and in line with the Trusts Art Policy, Kingfisher Court includes many individual pieces of art to create an interesting, thought-provoking and healing environment. Artworks include:
- Specially commissioned wooden sculptures, such as the Kingfisher outside the entrance to Kingfisher Court, by Nick Speakman
- A series of 20 bronzes by Nicky Hirst
- A series of Shelf pictures by Nicky Hirst
- Two series of columns by James Ireland
- Paintings, drawings, mixed media, prints and photographs by adults and young people with a lived experience of mental health and learning disability services. These pieces are part of HPFT’s art project which you can read more about here.