Health in Mind (North East Essex IAPT)
Who are we?
Health in Mind provides access to a wide range of talking therapy treatments for adults with common mental health problems in and around Colchester and Tendring. Health in Mind is part of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with Mid and North Essex Mind. Health in Mind is part of the national initiative Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT).
How can we help?
At Health in Mind we provide therapies and practical support for people experiencing mental health problems, including: depression, anxiety and long term conditions (physical health problems). We aim to help you:
- Understand why you feel this way
- Explore with you, how the way you behave effects how you are feeling
- Agree what you want to improve and develop new ways of thinking and coping
Our help is offered in different ways:
- Telephone support and guided self-help
- Individual cognitive behavioural therapy
- Workshops and/or group work
- Computerised cognitive behavioural therapy
How can you access the service?
We understand that seeking help can be a difficult process, so we aim to make accessing our support as easy as possible and there are a number of ways for you to do this.
You must be registered, or be intending to register with a GP, in the area to access Health in Mind, although we won’t necessarily contact them if you do not want us to.
- It is quick and easy to refer to us by completing our secure e-form hosted by the University of York, please click here
- Pick up a self-referral form from your GP surgery or ask your GP to make a referral
- Contact the Health in Mind Team Tel: 0300 330 5455
For more information about us, how we can help, the support we offer and self-help materials, please click here.
Our service is not able to provide immediate support in an emergency. If you require immediate urgent help, the following options are available:
- Contact your GP for an emergency appointment
- Call the Crisis Line Tel: 0330 726 1800
- Dial 999