Healthy Minds (West Essex IAPT)
Who are we?
Healthy Minds provides access to a wide range of talking therapy treatments for adults with common mental health problems. Healthy Minds is part of Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust in partnership with Mind in West Essex. Healthy Minds is part of the national initiative Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT).
How can we help?
At Healthy Minds we provide therapies and practical support for people experiencing mental health problems, including: depression, anxiety and long term conditions (physical health problems). We aim to help you:
- Understand why you feel this way
- Explore with you, how the way you behave effects how you are feeling
- Agree what you want to improve and develop new ways of thinking and coping
Our help is offered in different ways:
- Telephone support and guided self-help
- Individual cognitive behavioural therapy
- Workshops and/or group work
- Computerised cognitive behavioural therapy
How can you access the service?
We understand that seeking help can be a difficult process, so we aim to make accessing our support as easy as possible and there are a number of ways for you to do this.
You must be registered, or be intending to register with a GP, in the area to access Healthy Minds, although we won’t necessarily contact them if you do not want us to.
- It is quick and easy to refer to us by completing our secure e-form hosted by the University of York, please click here
- Pick up a self-referral form from your GP Surgery or ask your GP to make a referral
- Contact the Healthy Minds Team Tel: 0300 222 5943
For more information about us, how we can help, the support we offer and self-help materials, please click here.
Our service is not able to provide immediate support in an emergency. If you require immediate urgent help, the following options are available:
- Contact your GP for an emergency appointment
- Call the Crisis Line Tel: 0330 726 0110
- Dial 999