Essex Learning Disability Partnership
Who we are
The Essex Learning Disability Partnership is made up of:
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT)
- Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE)
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT)
We each bring diverse expertise and a wealth of experience. Together, we want to transform Learning Disability services, using innovation to improve care, and remove barriers and duplication. The partnership is lead by HPFT, and we will continue to work closely in partnership and evolve our thinking.
Our vision is that all people with a learning disability in Essex (with or without Autism) will be able to:
- Enjoy good health and wellbeing
- Experience the best quality of life
- Be fully included and feel valued members of the community
- Lead independent lives and do as much as they are able to
- Make their own choices.
Our principles have been co produced with our service users which have influenced the service. The principles express what good quality integrated care looks like from their perspective, in their words, and are a constant thread running through our model.
We are working to model which looks at each person as an individual. It focuses on increasing personal independence and choice, promoting better health and a better quality of life for people with learning disabilities as empowered citizens.
We are supporting people with learning disabilities to be cared for closer to home, have more control over personal budgets, and have less people going into inpatient services.
We are challenging inequalities in health, and ensure everybody across Essex has the same opportunities.