Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) are delivered across the whole of Hertfordshire.
Please click here for our dedicated CAMHS website.
The service provides interventions for moderate/severe emotional and behavioural difficulties in children and adolescents. Our teams also offer specialist interventions for other mental health difficulties including anorexia and schizophrenia.
Our specialist services include:
- Four multi-disciplinary community clinic teams offering a range of evidence-based therapeutic interventions and working within CYP-IAPT and CAPA (The Choice and Partnership Approach) principles
- Children Looked After Team (Targeted Team)
- Eating Disorders Team (EDT)
- Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CCATT)
- DBT team
- Forensic Adolescent Practitioner service
- Adolescent inpatient unit (Forest House)
- Home Treatment Team (HTT).
We have strong links with Children’s Social Care in Hertfordshire, Education services in Hertfordshire, and other Hertfordshire children’s health services, including teams providing Tier 2 CAMHS.
Our teams are made up of a range of professionals including child psychiatrists, clinical and counselling psychologists, specialised social workers, child and adolescent psychotherapists, systemic family therapists and specialist nurses.
HPFT has been rated by the CQC as an Outstanding Trust (2019) and Specialist CAMHS has consistently been at the forefront of national developments in child and adolescent mental health, including CYP-IAPT and Mental Health Support Teams in schools.