NHS Logo
As One Logo

Compliments and Complaints

Making a complaint

Please note that Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust are providers of mental health and specialist learning disability services and therefore cannot respond to queries about other NHS service providers or GP services.

Your views are important to us

We are always pleased to hear from people who feel we have provided a good service. We always welcome suggestions on how we can make improvements.  We also like to hear from people if they are not happy with the standard of service, care or treatment we provide. For more information download a copy of our Compliments Concerns and Complaints Policy

Raising a concern

You can speak to one of our staff
You can speak confidentially to the person providing your care - or ask to speak to the person in charge of the ward/department. Speaking to someone in the Trust who supports you, or has done so, gives us the opportunity to sort out things more quickly.

You can speak to PALS
You can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) for information and support. PALS is a confidential service which will listen to your concerns, and issues and try to put things right as soon as possible.

You can make a complaint
If, after speaking with a member of staff or PALS, you feel that your concern has not been satisfactorily resolved, you can telephone or write to us.  It will help if you contact us as soon as possible. Making a complaint will not affect the way you are treated.

Data protection
Your personal data will be recorded and retained in accordance with the current data protection legislation and government record retention guidelines.

Send your complaint to

The Complaints Manager or the Chief Executive
Trust Head Office
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
The Colonnades
Beaconsfield Road
AL10 8YE

Please include contact details and details of the team or service you would like to speak to us about.

Tel: 01707 253916 

Email: hpft.complaints@nhs.net

Dealing with you complaint

The Trust works in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council Adult Care Services. If your complaint involves both health and social care issues we will be in touch with you to discuss the most appropriate way to deal with your complaint.

If you would like help and support to make a formal complaint you can contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy Service.  POhWER ICAS (www.pohwer.net) is an independent body offering advocacy support to people who wish to make a complaint about NHS services.  The service is free, independent and confidential.

For information on what happens next click here

Compliments/Have your say

We want to hear your feedback about the services we provide.  This can help us understand what we are doing well (and could do more of) as well as helping us to understand what is not working well. Please click on the following links:

Having your say Service Users

Having your say Carers

The Shared Experience Library

Contact Us