Out of hours helpline
For out of hours advice and telephone support
Single Point of Access (SPA) 24/7 Mental Health Helpline
Herts residents of all ages, including service users, carers, GPs and other professionals can contact our 24/7 Single Point of Access (SPA) Mental Health Helpline team at any hour of the day or night, 365 days a year. The team can provide advice and support for Herts residents who are experiencing a mental health crisis, need some mental health support or just want to talk on:
- Freephone 0800 6444 101 or
- NHS 111 and select option 2 for mental health services
- If they are seriously ill or injured, dial 999 for the emergency services.
The helpline is staffed by experienced mental health professionals and support staff who can offer the following support:
- Putting worries and anxieties in perspective
- Guidance about local services and referral if needed
- Information on diagnoses, mental health issues and medication
During normal office hours, service users and carers should call your Care Co-ordinator at your local Mental Health Team.