Dr Indermeet Sawhney
Dr Indermeet Sawhney, a Consultant Psychiatrist and Clinical Director for Learning Disability Services at HPFT, holds a Masters in Mental health Law (LLM) and has championed the human rights of people with an intellectual disability throughout the entirety of her career. She has published widely in peer reviewed journals and has also showcased her work in several International and national conferences.
Dr Sawhney is a member of the Midlands and East of England Mental Health Act approval panel and medical member of the Mental Health Tribunal services. Through innovations led by Dr Sawhney, health outcomes for people with LD are being improved, transforming the quality of life for our service users and their families. She embeds co production in the heart of all her innovative work with input from experts by experience, families, and carers.
- Gabrielsson, Alexandra & Moghaddassian Shahidi, Meissam & Sawhney, Inder & Shardlow, Sophie & Tromans, Samuel Joseph & Bassett, Paul & Shankar, Rohit. (2023). The long-term psycho-social impact of the pandemic on people with intellectual disability and their carers. International Journal of Social Psychiatry.
- Sun, James & Watkins, Lance & Henley, William & Laugharne, Richard & Angus-Leppan, Heather & Sawhney, Inder & Moghaddassian Shahidi, Meissam & Purandare, Kiran & Eyeoyibo, Mo & Scheepers, Mark & Lines, Geraldine & Winterhalder, Robert & Perera, Bhathika & Hyams, Benjamin & Ashby, Samantha & Shankar, Rohit. (2023). Mortality risk in adults with intellectual disabilities and epilepsy: an England and Wales case–control study. Journal of Neurology. 1-10. 10.1007/s00415-023-11701-6.
- Tromans, Samuel Joseph & Bhui, Kamaldeep & Sawhney, Inder & Odiyoor, Mahesh & Courtenay, Ken & Roy, Ashok & Boer, Harm & Alexander, Regi & Biswas, Asit & Mccarthy, Jane & Gulati, Gautam & Laugharne, Richard & Shankar, Rohit. (2023). The potential unintended consequences of Mental Health Act reforms in England and Wales on people with intellectual disability and/or autism. The British journal of psychiatry: the journal of mental science. 222. 10.1192/bjp.2023.10.
- Velani, Bharat & Sawhney, Inder & Alexander, Regi & Shardlow, Sophie & Zia, Asif. (2022). Implementing proposed reforms of the Mental Health Act for people with intellectual disability and autism: the perspective of multidisciplinary professionals in intellectual disability teams. BJPsych Open. 8. 10.1192/bjo.2022.604.
- Sun, James & Perera, Bhathika & Henley, William & Angus-Leppan, Heather & Sawhney, Inder & Watkins, Lance & Purandare, Kiran & Eyeoyibo, Mo & Scheepers, Mark & Lines, Geraldine & Winterhalder, Robert & Ashby, Samantha & Silva, Ravi & Miller, Jonjo & Philpott, David & Ashwin, Chris & Howkins, Joshua & Slater, Harriet & Medhurst, David & Shankar, Rohit. (2022). Epilepsy related multimorbidity, polypharmacy and risks in adults with intellectual disabilities: a national study. Journal of Neurology. 269. 10.1007/s00415-021-10938-3.