HPFT supports "Making Caring Visible" this Carers Week 8-14 June 2020
08 Jun 20
Carers Week 2020 is a perfect opportunity to recognise and remind ourselves of the vital role of unpaid carers in Hertfordshire. We know that carers often put their own needs at the back of the queue, in order to focus on others.
HPFT has made a pledge to the national “Making Caring Visible” Carers Week campaign which focuses on the amazing people who are carers. It demonstrates our commitment to them and says:
The key to ‘Making Caring Visible’ is by:
- Identifying carers as the first step in recognition of the fact that many carers do not recognise themselves as carers, we all have a responsibility to this process.
- Valuing and recognising carers as ‘Experts by Experience’ and the contributions and sacrifices they make to caring, through our services, staff and the wider community.
- Supporting our staff and colleagues who are also carers to get connected through our Staff Carers Networks, for information and support.
- Mainstreaming carers into our service models and organisational strategy.
- Empowering carers and educating staff to work as partners in care.
Sandra Brookes, HPFT’s Executive Director of Service Delivery and Customer Experience said: “The value of giving carers the support they need to continue their caring role, as well as working in partnership with them to keep improving our services cannot be underestimated.
“All carers need to look after their own mental and physical health too and seek support when they need it. We will continue to listen to the views of our amazing carers and support them, as well as our service users throughout these challenging times.”