- HPFT services rated Good by Care Quality Commission
- Dementia Action Week: learn more about dementia and what you can do to help yourselves or others
- HPFT celebrates Mental Health Awareness Week
- Thumbswood Mother and Baby Unit celebrates Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week
- Staff survey shows HPFT one of the best places to work in mental health
- Junior doctors’ strike 11 – 15 April
- Get prepared for the Easter weekend
- NHS England’s Chief Nursing Information Officer and Director of Digital Clinical Safety visits HPFT.
- World Autism Acceptance Week: HPFT pharmacist has autism educational article published in the Pharmaceutical Journal
- We are extending the way we communicate with service users
- HPFT is first NHS Trust in the country to launch a pioneering app supporting victims of domestic abuse
- Junior doctors’ strike 13 – 16 March 2023
- HPFT Consultant Psychiatrist awarded €7.5 million funding grant to research the risks of harmful internet use among teenagers
- Celebrating a pioneering new service during Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Mental Health Nurses Day 2023
- Proud to support Children’s Mental Health Week 6-12 February
- HPFT Healthy Living Fair for Service Users and Carers 21 February 2023
- Report finds high standards of care at mental health unit for older people
Medication Without Harm Event - 25 January 2023
- Looking after your mental health and wellbeing through winter
- Local NHS under great pressure
- Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych Awards 2022) and Health Service Journal (HSJ Awards 2022)
- Carers Rights Day - Caring costs
- Get healthy with HPFT this December!
- CQC recognises many improvements in services at Forest House Adolescent Unit as rating increases to Requires Improvement
- Celebrating Black History Month 2022
- Annual General Meeting 2022
- Support at work has helped me deal with hearing issues
- Conference to focus on recovery and mental health
- International Week of Deaf People
- Her Majesty The Queen – statement from our Chief Executive and arrangements for our services on Monday 19 September
- Pioneering work on show at national health conference
- Two new Non-Executive Directors appointed at HPFT
- Going back to school
- Well-being summer camp welcomes visitors
- World Patient Safety Day - Medication without harm
- Warriors of Well-being set up summer camp
- Managing exam results day
- Work of Young People's Council in spotlight on International Youth Day
- Finishing exams and the summer ahead - how to manage
- Trust celebrates HSJ Awards shortlist double
- Ten ways to take the stress out of summer
- Trust clinical psychologist wins national award
- New well-being garden to help improve care environment
- Key roles secured for Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust clinicians
- Thinking about a career as a Registered Learning Disability Nurse?
- Learning Disability Week 2022
- Trust expert’s work on mental health tribunals shortlisted for national prestigious award
- Carers Week 2022
- Watford Memory Support Centre proves huge success with local dementia community
- International Nurses Day 2022 – Celebrating our incredible nursing staff
- Mental Health Awareness Week
- Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week - The Power of Connection
- Trust launches Green Plan to tackle Climate Change
- New art display expresses thoughts of life beyond prison
- Share your thoughts about our depression pathway
- Have your say on community mental health services in Hertfordshire
- Trust staff survey welcomes ‘excellent’ set of results
- CQC publishes inspection report on services at Forest House Adolescent Unit
- World Bipolar Day
- HPFT colleague successful in securing one of eight national HOPE(S) Specialist Practitioner roles
- Success at South Eastern Division Royal College of Psychiatrists awards 2022
- Celebrating Mental Health Nurses Day
- Why LGBTQIA+ history month?
- Have you ever considered a career in mental health?
- Lexden Physical Health Clinic – making a difference…
- We’re still celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month.
- International Day of Women and Girls in Science - meet Verity, Research Associate and RADiANT Network Manager
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week – Forest House: recruitment event 22 February 2022 at 10am
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week – our Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Race Equality Week 2022 – Inclusion at HPFT
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week 2022 – HPFT CAMHS Youth Council
- HPFT Professional Nurse Advocate graduation: the class of February 2022…!
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week - meet Amy, Team Leader for Broxbourne’s MHSTs...
- Children’s Mental Health Awareness Week, 7-13 February
- National Apprenticeships Week 2022 – 7-11 Feb 2022
- LGBTQ+ History Month 2022
- “Long COVID: Moving Forwards” – a free webinar – 17 January at 1pm
- Christmas and New Year 2021 - we're here to help...
- Care Quality Commission publishes inspection report on services at Warren Court
- Dr Rashid Zaman receives Presidential Medal!
- Grief Awareness Week
- International Volunteer Day – 5 December 2021
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities 2021
- Introducing Karen Taylor, HPFT's new Chief Executive Officer
- Carers' Rights Day 2021
- HPFT winners at the Royal College of Psychiatrists Awards 2021!
- Physical Health Conference 2021
- HPFT Recovery Conference – now in its 15th year!
- Stress Awareness Week 2021
- CAMHS DBT Service Nursing Times Award Finalists!
- World Mental Health Day 2021 – ‘Mental Health in an Unequal World’
- Celebrating success at the PPiMH Awards
- Simulation Hub Facility Launched!
- Join our 15th Annual Hertfordshire Recovery Conference
- ‘From Grief to Hope’ - HPFT’s World Suicide Prevention Day online conference
- New national role for HPFT Chief Executive
- New Chief Executive appointed at Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT)
- NHS Service launches free Dealing with Depression webinar
- Staff honoured on NHS and Frontline Workers' Day
- Join HPFT's online Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 21 July 2021
- Chief Executive to step down from Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust after 16 years
- New Leaf Recovery and Wellbeing College launches new website
- Volunteers Week, 1-7 June 2021
- Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week 2021
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2021
- Experience of Care Week
- #NHSbookclub is Back!
- Muslim Women's Day 2021
- National Day of Reflection - 23rd March 2021
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation mental health trust wins prestigious Health Service Journal Award
- HPFT’s Blue Box Project – supporting physical health in a mental health setting
- 2020 Staff Survey Results - celebrating another year of great results
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Celebrating Mental Health Nurses Day 2021
- Patrick Vernon on Black, Asian and Minority ethnic communities not taking the vaccine
- Introducing Sarah Betteley, HPFT’s new Chair
- Future Heroes - Be the difference in health and social care
- HPFT shortlisted for HSJ Partnership Award
- Easy read advice for getting ready for festivals and celebrations
- HPFT webchat service is still available from 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday
- Winter Wellbeing Blog
- HPFT shortlisted for HSJ Mental Health Trust of the Year Award
- We’re still here to help if you need mental health support
- Innovative collaboration to improve diabetes pathways in NE Essex wins at prestigious national diabetes awards
- HPFT Psychiatrists scoop the top spots in Royal College of Psychiatrists national competition
- Sign up for 14th Annual Recovery Conference: A Journey of Rediscovery - Finding Hope and Opportunity in Changing Times
- World Mental Health Day asks for "Mental Health for all"
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust appoints new Chair
- Talented service user enters her artwork for national competition
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2020
- New HPFT CAMHS DBT Service shortlisted in Nursing Times Awards
- Trust launches free webchat service for Herts residents
- Trust launches free helpline number for Herts residents
- HPFT staff shortlisted for three Royal College Psychiatry Awards
- New Grief and Bereavement Webinar Series
- Hertfordshire residents urged to help prevent local lockdowns
- Find career information and lots more on new Hertfordshire and West Essex Health and Care Academy website
- Join HPFT's online Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Wednesday 15 July 2020
- We've been shortlisted for two 2020 HSJ Patient Safety Awards!
- NHS staff family at mental health and learning disabilities Trust reunited after months apart
- New liaison and diversion service launched for vulnerable people in the Criminal Justice System in Hertfordshire
- Annual General Meeting 2020
- HPFT supports "Making Caring Visible" this Carers Week 8-14 June 2020
- Trust launches ‘round the clock’ enhanced mental health support and direct access via NHS 111 for Herts residents
- HPFT launches helpline to support NHS and social care staff across Hertfordshire and an online resource library for all
- Let’s Talk Eating Disorders - Sunday 8 March
- National NHS leader sees health and care joint working at its best
- Mental Health Nurses Day 2020 - Lorna talks about her 25 year career in Mental Health Nursing
- Staff Survey results – celebrating another great year of improved results
- LGBT+ History Month - HPFT's Chief Nurse shares a poem by a school friend
- Older people’s ward therapist shortlisted for outstanding achievement
- National Apprenticeship Week - being an apprentice at HPFT
- HPFT’s award-winning CAMHS Home Treatment team features in new national Mental Health Report
- HPFT’s Community Perinatal Team featured on BBC’s Inside Out London show
- £3m funding boost to support adults in mental health crisis across Hertfordshire and West Essex
- Share your views on autism assessments for adults in Hertfordshire
- NHS top tips to help with achieving New Year goals
Medication Without Harm Event - 25 January 2023
06 Jan 23
Unsafe medication practices and medication are a leading cause of avoidable harm in health care. The aim is to prevent medication errors and reduce medication-related harm, and to empower service users and their families/carers to be actively involved in the safe use of medication.
HPFT is hosting a special event for service users and their families/carers on Wednesday 25 January 2023, 6-8pm at The Colonnades, Beaconsfield Close, Hatfield, Herts. AL10 8YE. Beverages and hot food will be served.
Sign up now via Eventbrite
The evening is planning to include:
18.00 - Welcome and Introduction
18.10 - Victoria Goodrum, Clinical Nurse Specialist, with an Expert by Experience - presentation
18.35 - Chetan Shah, Chief Pharmacist - Transfer of Care and Medicines - presentation
19.00 - 20.00 Refreshments and networking, market-place stalls, and poster presentations.
Market Stalls will include:
Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration (EPMA) – new system coming
Discharge Medication Team
Tobacco Dependency Team
Choice and Medication - The Choice and Medication website offers patient information about mental health conditions and the treatments available to help make informed decisions about choosing the right medicine.